Sunday, March 2, 2008

REGISTRATION

The bad news is that due to an overwhelming number of applicants in 2007, the 2008 race will have a lottery registration. What does that mean? It is the same thing as the NYC Marathon. Basically, we all need to go to www.active.com on March 4th and register. You will enter your credit card # and all your info. They will then notify everyone on April 1st who was randomly selected to run. NYC the odds are 1 in 4. I bet this is closer to 1 in 2 or 1 in 3. If you are selected your credit card will be charged at that time. If not, you will not be charged.

The good news is that I want to go no matter what. As long as one of us gets selected, let's go. In fact, if I get picked and somebody else doesn't, I'll give my registration to you. 

Please go to www.active.com on Tuesday to register!!!!

2 comments:

cindy said...

me, too.
Maybe we could run as "bandits", ie., without an official registration?? We should all register first, and try to get in; it will be fun to see who gets picked!

Claire said...

great point!! even if none of us get in, let's run as bandits!